Thursday, June 2, 2011

Daisy, Daisy......

"Give me your answer do. I'm half crazy all for the love of you. It won't be a stylish marriage, I can't afford a carriage, but you'll look sweet upon the seat of a bicycle built for two."

A flashback moment from my childhood and suddenly I'm sitting in the grass making daisy chains, which is always what we called them regardless of the fact that we were using clover flowers and not daisies. It's nice not to care that your thumbnail will be green from making the hole in the stem to slide the next stem through. It's nice not to care that I will probably itch from sitting in the grass. It's nice not to care about what others will think of me, a 31 year old woman sitting there making a crown of flowers for myself.





.........and all the while wondering how the flowers keep blooming without mama here. Maybe she's in the flowers now. I can still hear her telling me to leave some flowers for others to enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment