Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Day at Humanité

This is what I had on when I showed up for my day job today. Comfy jeans and a tank. Pretty simple. But working at Humanité is like having an alter-ego for me. I love art and love how fashion can sometimes be art itself. On slow days I enjoy getting a chance to try things on. Outfits that I wouldn't normally wear. It not only helps me sell these items later, it gives me a chance to step outside my box. Here are some pictures of today's trying on adventures.


This is a cute tube dress, and actually turned out to be one of my favorites. No jewelry, no make-up, just a cute dress with a simple pair of sandals. I love it!
 (Eye to the Future Dress $69.00, Everyday & Forever Sandal $28.00)


This is the other of my favorites. Erin, the owner of Humanité, must have known I would like it. She named it after my blog! This dress is awesomely colorful and has the cutest cutouts on the bottom and front center. I like these braided sandals more than any shoe we've carried. They look just as cute with jeans as they do with this dress.
 (Used Muses Dress $64, Braided Folklore Sandal $53.00)

Here are the sandals again, this time paired up with this cute coral dress. All I'm missing is a choice piece of jewelry. Erin said this was her favorite on me.
(Wildflower Dress $52)


I couldn't just jump right back into my jeans without seeing how this cute little hippie top looked. This is made of such a comfy material that I really didn't want to take it off.
(Addyson Ivory Tunic $42)
**********

I love my day job. It keeps me up to date on all the latest styles and fashions, while allowing me to create my own. I love color and comfort, and have found both in all of these outfits. Humanité is such a find for Bryson City, visitors and locals alike.

Check out more outfits put together by Erin on her blog!
www.compassionatestyle.blogspot.com 

1 comment:

  1. Super cute! I'm in love with the store and all the decor! My friend Ross brought me in to meet you... except you were off that day. I'm hoping to get some cards together to send your way. You can check out my blog here www.thiswillbecolorful.com I'm just getting started with all the web design stuff so it's a little basic right now... but I hope you enjoy looking through! Hope to meet you soon!

    ReplyDelete