Monday, June 6, 2011

Light at the End of the Tunnel




Aj and I drove Bob down the road to nowhere, which ends at a tunnel. While walking through we were wondering who cares for the tunnel, being that it isn't a road. I mean, is it maintained? The forest service? The NCDOT? Anyone? Bueller? What caused us to ponder this were the massive cracks that I had never noticed until taking a camera with a flash in there. Water was coming through in several places. It's a little scary when you think of how much earth is piled on top of that tunnel. It goes right under a mountain. Regardless, we still meandered to the other side, enjoying each others company and the lack of more pressing matters.






You can start to see some of the cracks to the left.



 This was my best photo of the vandalism. My good friend, Ben King, has taken some excellent shots of the graffiti in the tunnel. They are posted on his blog for your viewing pleasure.

1 comment:

  1. that picture of Bob and AJ is one of my favorite photos that i have seen in a long time.

    ReplyDelete