Sunday, November 6, 2011

Quietly Waiting

The morning came and I was ready. No alarm clock today. No concern for the time change. A day of much needed rest is here. Sitting in peace with my coffee and a doughnut that I don't really need. Happy to find that Thundercats re-runs still play. A piece of my childhood regained. Aj sleeps in. I hated seeing him sick, but it gave me a chance to be here for him. Aj has been my rock for the last year. I only hope that I can make him feel as loved and cared for as he has made me feel.

Dear God- Thank you for another day. Thank you for Your example of love. Thank you for this time, help me to use it wisely.  -So be it.



My only alert companion this morning, Katie!

Our Autumnal Backyard

1 comment:

  1. Love you Liz, beautiful words, you're your Mother's daughter. Glad you are resting. Thinking of you every day. Love your Autumnal backyard. Did you know your Mother saw the word Autumnal just a couple of years ago. I think in a magazine article (Martha Stewart) We had a good laugh because she found it hard to believe it was a real word. Then she used it every chance she got. We had fun with it. June and I had fun with just about everything from the day she was born. She was such an entertaining child and adult in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete