Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Mama's Notes - Part Five

Aug 31 2010
Was bitchin' bout doing the laundry one day
A friend called
"What cha doin'?"
I bitched about dirty clothes
"Where ya goin'?"
"To the laundry room!"
was my rude reply.

My friend pretty much wrote this prayer

Father God,
When I wanna moan about my chores, help me to be thankful.
-Thankful for a maytag when the laundry piles up
-Thankful for food when the dishes pile up
-Thankful for strength when the worries pile up
-Thankful for a job when the bills pile up
-Thankful for love when the sorrow piles up
-Thankful for patience when the anger piles up
-Thankful for tolerance when the stupid speak up
-for compassion when the needy cry out
-for composure when the bottom falls out
-for never-ending peace every time my little world falls away
Thankful for ALL things in all things!!

-Amen

SO BE IT
In Jesus' name.

I get by with a little help from my friend.



(This is part 5 of a series of handwritten notes left behind by my mama. Nothing has been changed. Enjoy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment