Wednesday, June 5, 2013

diphenhydramine hydrochloride

heart racing
sweat beads form on a clammy forehead
i pace
the night rolls on out of control
elton john plays through my head
it's not even a song that i like
"someone saved my life tonight"
it's always the songs you don't know the words to
aj calls them ear worms
i pace 
"i took too much"
i hear this inside my head
the thought is followed by a wavy gravy laugh
i am not an adult size person
my hands tingle
i can feel every drop of blood
being pumped through my body
my heart 
beats
faster
i wonder if i will ever feel normal again
what a strange word
normal
i ponder sitting
i long of dreaming
rest won't come
i pace
the grooves in the floor are deep
and getting deeper
the sun peaks over the mountain
birds chirp
refreshed for singing a new day
i'm still sweating
and don't notice how beautiful their song is
looks like i won't be needing coffee




No comments:

Post a Comment