Wednesday, August 31, 2011

New Window Display at Humanité

On Monday, Aj and I completed the latest window display for Humanité. The theme we wanted to convey with the decor was school starting back. We purchased over 100 books from the Marianna Black Public Library's used bookstore. Most of the books are stacked in the display and weren't harmed, but others were made into beautiful works of art. The ideas for these pieces came from a book called "The Repurposed Library" that Humanité now sells.

We did several hanging mobiles to add dimension to the display. These are fun and also add movement.





I decided to add new titles to the front and sides of several books. The titles I chose represent the store and what we sell.





Aj and I made flowers from book pages that sprout from green string stems. These helped to add color to the backdrop. 







I haven't been able to get a good shot of the window display as a whole. Taking pictures of our very reflective glass has been a difficult task, but I hope to get a good one in the next night or so and will post it when I do. Hope you enjoy our pictures of our creations as much as we enjoy creating them!




No comments:

Post a Comment