Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Band Photos and Learning Curves

Being a musician I really enjoy taking photos of musicians. I have had some awesome opportunities for that at the Nantahala Brewing Company. Recently, some friends of mine asked me to help with some band photos. I am not accustomed to taking photos of musicians who know they are having their picture made. It took some getting used to. A learning curve for sure. They were patient and kind. However, something else I learned from this experience was not to upload my photos into some random program and then delete them off my camera! I took massive images and it downsized them to 72dpi. No good. Unfortunately, that means I have done that to several rounds of photos. That's ok, lesson learned. With all the said, here are a few of my favorites from that day.









This picture of fiddler, Sally Anne Morgan, was my overall favorite. 
Just a quick glance and she stuck out her fiddle. Nice.

photos of The Freight Hoppers by Liz Nance Bryson City, NC 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment