Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A short thought after a long break.....

when will it stop for me
when will it start for you
the days and hours are long and moments stretch out

what was it that you said
as i was trying laughter
when will the sound of my smile stop bringing you down

tired of being a speed bump in society's highway
passed by given fingers no regard for the dreamer
pointed to the back of the line like cattle in a pen
my fake smile won't cover up my patience wearing thin

if i could put time in a bottle the way Simon & Garfunkel did
then i would flip over the hour glass and pretend that we didn't exsist
if patience is a virtue well it's one that i just didn't get
if money could buy love i'd sell it and be rich

why does it happen that you're always lost in sadness
can't you take my line and pull yourself out
i've never seen you smile without the pain behind it
when will the sound of my voice stop bringing you down

one day will be our day out of all the others
364 that won't go our way
what was it that you said as i was counting hours 
only to find out we're quickly running out


No comments:

Post a Comment