Thursday, October 7, 2010

Worshipping with Family

Aj & I knew we had found a home in Bryson City when we found The Grove Church. In finding a church we found community and fellowship as well as a place to grow and learn! Any Sunday that we are away we miss not only our church family, but the great music and amazingly honest sermons that Jeff and Randall do such an awesome job of putting together.! This past Sunday we missed church to be on Lake Sinclair with my family. I woke up Sunday morning feeling kind of incomplete......my heart wanted to be at The Grove doing what it does best, singing to the Lord! So I decided that I didn't have to be physically there to really BE there. I sat on the dock beside Uncle Pete's sail boat with my guitar and started belting out one of my favorites, Marvelous Light. As it turns out, my younger cousins were familiar with the song and joined in. We sat there in the sun....right out in the beautiful day that God had created for us and lifted our voices for all to hear. One Way, Breathe, Amazing Grace......it was beautiful. We weren't just a family singing together, we were a family worshipping together. It felt good. It felt right. I felt like I was making an impact with my voice. Th Grove first gave me this feeling. It's one I want to hold onto. I am using the talents that God gave me to give back to Him! Thank you Amanda, Minji, Megan, Kathy, Mama, & Joan for singing. Thank you everyone else for listening and reading. Thank you God for all of these gifts you have given to me! This is an awesome picture that Megan took of me on Sunday morning. That's Lene being a fisherman behind me while I'm being a fisher of men.


Check out The Grove Church!

No comments:

Post a Comment