Saturday, September 25, 2010

Amused Artists

My husband, Aj, and I try to remain teachable as we grow older. We are always learning new ways to express ourselves, in art and in life. Together we are artists, musicians, writers,  photographers, gardeners, framers, builders, designers........together we are Art of Muses.

Art of Muses was a name that Aj and I came up with after months of wondering what our band name would be, what our business name would be and what our website would be called. We combine all muses to create wonderful works for ourselves as well as others. We have been given a great many opportunities to do the things we love here in our little town. We have made signs for local businesses like Humanité, Mtn Perks and Pincu Pottery. We have printed t-shirts for Humanité and The Grove Church basketball team. We also print an  originally designed "grow" t-shirt to help pay for garden expenses. We even made huge paper maché trees for displaying jewelry.

Aj can be found at the Charles Heath Gallery by day where he builds custom frames as well as frames for Charles Heath's beautiful paintings and gicleé prints. I am the Art and Web Director for Humanité during the day. On some weekends I am a part of an amazing worship band at the Grove Church in Bryson City. And on any given day you better believe that I am using the talents that God has given me to make my life, and the lives of others a more artistic existence.

Thanks for checking us out and check back. This blog will be a place for us to share our endeavors with you. This blog will also be an outlet for our creative writing! Hope you ENJOY!!

Amused Artist,
Liz Nance

or as Shua calls me, "the artist formerly known as Petty"

No comments:

Post a Comment